April 5th


A decent morning for football greeted teams and spectators this Easter Sunday morning.

In the Premier Division, leaders Farmhouse travelled to Poringland Wanderers and took the lead towards the end of a tight first half when Tommy Salmon headed home from a corner. But the home side were level before the break when Matty Elwin latched onto a through ball from Andy Cooke to beat the keeper. The second half saw the home side create some good chances and as the game drew to a close both sides had chances to take all three points but it wasn’t to be. A really good game well handled by Mathew Hudson and played in great spirit, just the workout both sides needed before their respective League cup semi finals next weekend. Acle Rangers are now in second spot as they warmed up for their semi final. Daniel Foreman, Julian Bussell and Ricky Forder all scored in a 3-1 home win over Spixworth Sunday

In 1A, Bungay Town moved to within a point of leaders Aslacton with a 3-1 home win over Horsford United. Aslacton, who also have a cup semi final next week, went down to a last minute Ashley Matthews goal as they lost 2-1 at home to Windmill Wanderers. Aaron James had given the visitors the lead before Dean Mortimer levelled for Aslacton. Norman Wanderers had a narrow 3-2 home win over Anglian Rovers for whom Oliver Claxton and Liam Smith scored, whilst Brooke FC put five without reply passed bottom side Mad Moose. DCS Rapid and Vale Longo shared the points after a 1-1 draw. Scott Abbs scored the Longo goal. Bell Inn moved a step closer to a play off place as an Ian Babb double helped them overcome Sprowston Wanderers 2-1. They now need to win their final game to take the runners up spot in the division. Heartsease FC completed their season with a 4-2 home defeat to St Faiths. Andrew Hawes scored twice whilst Kevin Willimott and Ryan McFadden also scored for St Faiths

Bungay Town Res made it a good day for the club as they had a 3-1 victory at Constable Crusaders. Norman Wanderers A were 6-1 winners over Shipdham Rangers, whilst after winning their first game last week, Fat Cat & Canary earned another point as they drew 1-1 with Ketts Tavern Wizards. Seth Thomas grabbed the Wizards goal.

In 3A, champions The Middle Green had a 4-0 home win over Reedham FC, and Brooke Res moved up to third spot after a 2-1 win at Freethorpe FC. Freethorpe had taken an early lead through Chris Stones but the visitors levelled before the break and went onto grab a last minute winner. Dynamo went down 2-1 at Winfarthing, and GaGa FC also suffered defeat as they lost 3-2 at home to Sporting Longdale. In 3B, Salhouse Rovers Res had a good 8-1 (Martin Woolner 3, Jonny Callow, Will Sainsbury-Logan, Neil Woolner, Damon Rudd) home win over Silver Fox, whilst Hethersett Athletic scored five (Ben Wright 2,  Scott Grimes 2, Steve White) as they won at Sporting Iceni.

Congratulations go to Attleborough Town U19’s who made certain of the Division C title by scoring four of the seven goals in their game with Norwich United

In the Under 19 Cup, Hellesdon top Group A after a 5-0 win at home to Long Stratton. Elliot Roe hit a hat trick whilst Jordan Graci and Robert Bunn also found the net. Hethersett Athletic recovered from last weeks setback to beat Blofield United 3-1 thanks to goals from Alex Curran, Josh Denny and Kyle Sherry

In Group B, Marlborough lead the way after beating Thorpe Village 9-1 whilst North Walsham recorded the same scoreline as they beat Sprowston Athletic.




The draw for the League Cup semi finals has been made and is as follows.

Acle Rangers v Farmhouse FC

Poringland Wanderers v Aslacton & Gt Moulton

Games will be played on Sunday April 12th ko 10.30am. Extra Time and Pens if required