April 9th


As the season begins to wind down in most divisions, a glorious morning still saw some clubs with plenty at stake record vital results.

In the Premier Division, what seemed at one point to be a great season for DE FC petered out disappointingly in the end, as they lost their final game of the season 7-5 at home to bottom side Bungay Town. Dan Cook gave Poringland Wanderers the lead at Horsford United, but the home side took a share of the spoils, scoring with twenty minutes left, and despite a hat trick from Rob Warminger, Farmhouse went down 4-3 to League Cup finalists Schoolhouse.

Norman Wanderers just need a point from their final two games to lift the 1A title after goals by Adam Townsend and Tyrone Sparrow helped them to a 2-0 victory. The result means that Brooke, who could mathematically catch Normans, will be at least runners up and take a place in the play off final after beating Warwick St United 6-1. Dan King hit four for Brooke whilst other goals came from Greg Finch and Matt Nichols. United’s player manager Neil Bajomee hit a consolation goal with a twenty yard free kick. The Middle Green ran out 4-2 winners at Newsman Celtic whilst neither side could find the net as Vale Longo played host to New Buckenham.

In 1B, Champions Sprowston Wanderers completed their season by winning 5-3 at Salhouse Rovers. Acle Rangers were 5-1 winners over Aslacton and Chris Fuller hit a hat trick in Briston Wanderers 5-3 win at Hethersett Athletic for whom Tom Nurse also scored a treble. There were eleven goals for Silver Fox as they beat bottom side Cellar House.

It’s still all to play for at the top of 2B as the top three all won again. Norwich CEYMS still lead the way after winning 7-1 at FC Viking and are eight points ahead of Hellesdon who have a game in hand. Hellesdon themselves hit a dozen as they beat Sporting Iceni and remain three points clear of third placed North Walsham who have two games in hand on Hellesdon and three on the leaders (are you still with me) Walsham themselves had goals from Cam Tolbart and Ryan Beeson to thank for their 2-0 win over Barracks FC. Jake Mann scored Blofield United’s goal in their 1-1 draw with Harleston Town and Sprowston Athletic completed their season with a 6-1 win over Hethersett Athletic Res.

3A champions Woolpack received their trophy from Fixture Secretary Bernie Hardiman after their 2-1 win at Hempnall. Credit and thanks go to the home side who laid on food after the game for both sides and league representatives. Much appreciated. Marlborough’s 4-0 win over Mad Moose Athletic has seen them finish the season currently in second spot, but if Drayton Dazzlers, who beat AFC Norwich 6-2, win their final two games, they will finish runners up. Norman Wanderers A also finished on a high with a 2-0 win at Cotman United.

The only game played in the Under 19’s saw Hethersett Athletic record a 2-1 win over Long Stratton.   





Division 3A Champions Woolpack FC line up for the camera after being presented with the Bernie Hardiman Trophy by the man himself