December 7th


Premier Division leaders Farmhouse failed to win for the first time this season as they were beaten 5-1 at The Pow. Aaron Nixon hit a brace as did Calvin Pond to add to an og for the home side Farmhouse are now two points clear of Riverside Rovers and Acle Rangers who shared the points in a game that finished 2-2. An own goal and a Jordan Rocastle strike the Rovers scorers. I saw the game at Poringland Wanderers where Dussindale Rovers were the visitors. In a pretty even first thirty minutes both side had few chances, the closest being a Tom Cullabine strike that was brilliantly pushed around the post by Lee Edwards in the home goal. Soon after, Poringland were down to ten men after a player received a straight red for a tackle and this enabled the visitors to push on and Cullabine was again thwarted from distance, this time by the post. Half time saw Poringland make changes and they worked well to the point that they looked the more likely to score as the game went on. The breakthrough came in the 81st minute when David Gilfillan slotted home a penalty given for handball, and with the visitors pressing for the equaliser Fraser Rankin broke away deep into injury time to add a second. A good game well controlled by referee Paul Cutter.

1A leaders Sporting Longdale moved four points clear at the top after a single Connor Ferguson  goal gave them  victory at Windmill Wanderers. Aslacton remain in third spot as goals from Ben Stearman and Justin Womack helped them to a good 2-1 victory at Brooke FC. A Josh McBride header from a corner was enough for Dancing Farmers to take all three points at Anglian Rovers whilst Matt Taylor, Stuart Clarke and Kieran Staff all found the target as Horsford Utd twice came from behind to win 3-2 at Mad Moose. Vale Longo moved above Mad Moose and out of the bottom two as a Scott Abbs strike and an OG helped them beat Norman Wanderers Res 2-1. The clash of the mornings top two in 1B ended in a single goal victory for the home side as a Scott Roberts effort helped Earlham Utd to beat William Wanderers. Schoolhouse moved into second place after a 3-0 home win over St Faiths and Taverham Utd will be happy with their 5-0 (Paul Clarke, Richard Myhill 2, Danny Sweatman 2) victory at Moles Rest. Sprowston Wanderers and Acle Rangers Res shared the points in a 2-2 draw, whilst Spixworth Sunday Res moved off the bottom of the table, leapfrogging Heartsease FC after beating them 3-0.

With Costessey West End inactive, Shipdham Rangers moved three points clear at the top of 2A as they scored five (Jack Flynn 2, Mark Allibone, Charlie Gunner, Lewis McKerell) without reply at The Cottage. New Buckenham are third after a 4-2 win over Fat Cat & Canary, whilst Micawbers scored six times when winning at Newsman Celtic. Norman Wanderers A and Dilham Cross Keys took a point each after a 3-3 draw. 2B leaders Revolution FC suffered their second defeat on the trot as they went down 4-1 at home to SDC Utd. Mo Bah 2, Ollie Applegate, John Muir and Mark woods all scored for DEF FC as they moved into second position with a 5-0 win over Mettingham FC. Rileys FC were 2-1 winners at Hethersett Athletic whilst the basement battle between Costessey Sports and Locksley Athletic ended all square at 2-2.

In 3A, leaders GaGa FC went down to a James Day goal at home to Dynamo enabling The Middle Green to close the gap at the top to two points as they won 3-1 at Sporting Longdale Res. Lee Askew grabbed a hat trick and there was a goal for Stevie Toomer as Mischief FC won 4-1 at Westfield and well done to AFC Westlegate who bounced back from two heavy defeats to record a 5-4 victory over MC Rovers. In 3B Phoenix FC’s 3-1 (Charlie Lamb, James Smith, George Tallent) home win over Cellar house saw them remain six points clear of Trimingham Pilgrims who had a single goal win at Sporting Iceni. There was a win for Hethersett Ath Res, 3-1 at Binham Village whilst Silver Fox and Salhouse Rovers Res shared six goals and the points.

In the Under 19 A section, the only game played saw Blofield Utd fail to take all three points for the first time this season as they were beaten 2-1 at home to Long Stratton. Aiden Shaen Carter and Jack Carter for the visitors

In Section B, Marlborough FC moved back to the top on goal difference after beating Sprowston Athletic 2-1, goals coming from Cameron Beezer and Bradley Spooner whilst Litcham had a good 5-1 at home to Drayton. East Coast Warriors scored six times when beating Swanton Morley and well done to Coltishall Jaguars B who recorded their first points with a 1-0 win at Hellesdon B.

Attleborough Town remain top of section C after a 3-0 home win over Newton Flotman and Poringland Wanderers are two points behind after winning 6-1 (Angus Mackie 2 Will Harrowing 2, Harry Carr, Dan Manganro) at Mulbarton Wanderers. Wymondham Town are third after goals from Harrison Cheal-Ferris and Bradley Russell helped them beat Harleston town 2-1 and Watton Utd scored nine (Lewis Hart 4, Jack Flory 2, Aidan Rayner, Tom Rayner, Liam Eagling) whilst winning at Freethorpe