Feb 28th



 This seasons Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup Final will be an all Norwich affair as both Schoolhouse and Riverside Rovers won their respective semi finals. The Carrow Rd Final is set for Friday May 13th

Holders Schoolhouse made the difficult trip to Yarmouth side Windmill where a first half Chris hall strike was enough to send the current holders of the trophy through to another final. I saw the other semi final between this seasons 1B champions DE FC and Riverside Rovers in front of a very large crowd at the Open Academy. Rovers almost got off to the perfect start when an Aaron Kay free kick eluded the DE FC keeper but came back off the crossbar, but from that point, the game became pretty even but with few real chances being created. With almost half an hour gone, the visitors were awarded a free kick twenty five yards out, but this time Kay’s effort was successful and found the corner of the net to put the visitors ahead. Riverside then dominated for a spell and six minutes before half time, Roy Bevis doubled the lead with a close range strike. The home side then caused Riverside into some last ditch defending to keep their first half lead intact, which they did, but ten minutes into the second half, Ben Lemmon reduced the arrears when he forced the ball home. DE FC were now on top for a spell and an equaliser wasn’t out of the question and although Kay hit the bar again from another free kick, neither side was able to find the net again and the home side were reduced to ten men in the final few minutes after a poor tackle, which it has to be said, was out character in an otherwise sporting game. After six previous semi final attempts, Rovers have finally made it to a County Cup Final, but great credit also must go to DE FC who proved that they will be a great asset to next seasons Premier Division.

In the Intermediate Cup, Phoenix FC reached the final after winning 3-2 at Mad Moose. Jamie Smith with two and Matty Doyle put Phoenix three goals ahead, but two very late strikes from Moose set up a tense finish. Phoenix’s final opponents on April 10th at the FDC are as yet unknown. Trimingham Pilgrims game with Yarmouth side Windmill reserves was abandoned after a serious injury to the Windmill keeper. The league sends its best wishes to the player for a speedy recovery.

In the Junior Cup, Ryan Beeson scored twice and there were goals for Alex Johnson and Adam Johnson as North Walsham U19’s reached the final, with a 4-0 victory over MC Rovers. Their opponents in the April 3rd Final at the FDC will be SNS Utd who beat Norman wanderers U19’s 5-0 with goals coming from Scott Woodcock, Gary Warford, Oliver Shepherd and two from Edvinus Radvillas.

In league matters, Acle Rangers closed the gap at the top of the table to just a point after a 3-0 win at Norman Wanderers. Will Harrowing 2, Dan Manganaro, Jonny Causton and Lewis Butcher all scored for Poringland wanderers as they scored five without reply at home to Dussindale Rovers and Dale Simpson hit four of Bell Inn’s five goals in their win over Farmhouse. Reece Ashman netted the other. A Ryan Mortimer goal was enough for Aslacton to take a point in a 1-1 draw with The PoW.

The big game in 1A ended with honours even as Horsford United and Dilham Cross Keys drew 2-2. Dilham had found themselves two down at half time but strikes from Dan Tindall and Nicky Wood secured a vital point. Windmill Wanderers stayed in contention after winning 4-1 at New Buckenham, a result that saw the home side go bottom of the table as Sporting Longdale were 2-0 winners at Bungay Town Res. Costessey West End also moved away from the foot of the table after a 2-0 (Sam Cramp, Michael Townsend) win at Vale Longo. In 1B, Acle Rangers Res moved off the bottom of the table after a 2-0 home win over Lakewood United and are replaced at the foot by Taverham United who were beaten 2-0 by William Wanderers.

Mischief’s hopes of taking the 2A title were dealt a severe blow as they were held to a 3-3 draw by Mettingham. The league leaders had to come from two goals down to take a point. Ollie Johnson 2 and Luca Elia scored for Mischief, with Jacob Hulme 2 and Dan Smith replying. Third placed Constable Crusaders were 3-0 winners at DCS Rapid and Newsman Celtic followed up last weeks good win by beating Norman Wanderers Res 8-4. After a four week lay off The Middle Green showed little sign of rustiness as they won 5-0m at Dynamo FC and Brooke Res will be happy after winning 3-2 at home to Micawbers Tavern. The only game played in 2B saw goals by Nick Benfield, Steve White and Adam Buffin give Hethersett Athletic a 3-1 win at Cellar House. Hethersett also praised Graham Hadley who stepped into referee after the appointed official was a late call off through illness.

In 3A, Hewett OB’s drew level on points at the top with SNS after winning 2-0 at Reedham, goals coming from Dom Dodds and Dan Thorpe. At the other end of the table, the bottom two, Freethorpe and Sporting Longdale Res, took a point each in a 2-2 draw. Aaron Cooper and Harry Stannard scored for Freethorpe. 3B leaders Hellesdon got back to winning ways after last weeks setback by beating Barracks FC 2-1 so remain two points clear of Norwich Ceyms who were 4-0 winners at Sporting Iceni. Ceyms though have two games in hand. East Tuddenham were 2-0 winners at Hethersett Ath Res whilst North Elmham’s fortunes continue to improve as they beat Gressenhall 8-2.

Congratulations go to Attleborough Town who clinched their second Under 19 title in a row. A 4-0 home win over Scole United saw them become Division A champions. The other game played in the division saw Newton Flotman score four without reply at home to Watton United. In the B Division, Easton scored five times as they won at St Andrews whilst Hellesdon were 3-1 winners at Norwich United B. Drayton guaranteed themselves runners up spot at least as they completed their fixtures by winning 6-0 at Aylsham. They must now wait to see if North Walsham, who have five games left, get the eight points required to take the title. Litcham continued their fine recent run by winning 6-1 at Happisburgh hammers and Swanton Morley scored eight when beating Sprowston Athletic. Soren Gauntlett 2, Luke Ford 2, Jared Froom, Morgan Gowing, Miguel Ferriera and John Watts were on target for Morley



The draw for the Quarter Finals of the League Cup has been made and is as follows

Schoolhouse v DE FC  
Poringland Wanderers v Anglian Rovers  
Farmhouse v Acle Rangers  
Riverside Rovers v Bungay Town  
Games to be played on Sunday March 6th 10.30 etin & pens if required