Feb 7th


The three way battle at the top of the Premier Division took another twist this weekend as reigning champions Riverside Rovers dropped their first points of the season in a 2-2 draw at The PoW. A cracking encounter saw both sides reduced to ten men in the first half before PoW took a half time lead through Liam Moirarty. Jordan Rocastle levelled the scores after the break and then put the visitors ahead, but the lead didn’t last long as Joe Woodcock produced a neat finish to make the final score 2-2 in a game where both sides missed second half penalties.  This result enabled Schoolhouse to move four points clear at the top as goals from Connor Delaney 2, Tim Henery 2, Rhys Logan, Luke Winter and Chris Hall helped them to a seven goal win at Dussindale Rovers. Tim Carey scored his fourth hat trick of the season and there were goals for Will Harrowing Matty Elwin and Cameron Coe as Poringland Wanderers recorded a 6-2 victory over Farmhouse, whilst an alleged “thirty five yard screamer” from Neil Anderson and further strikes by Dale Simpson 2, Scott Allen and Jack Tarrant saw Bell Inn win for the second time this season with a 5-2 victory over Aslacton The win for Bell saw them move off the bottom of the table as Norman Wanderers were held to a 2-2 draw by Bungay Town.

In 1A, leaders Horsford United increased their lead at the top of the table despite being held to a goalless draw at Sporting Longdale. Bungay Town Res were 7-2 winners at New Buckenham, whilst Anglian Rovers shared four goals and the points in a 2-2 draw with Costessey West End. Callum Lund and Steve Gigli were on target for Rovers, whilst Michael Townsened netted a brace for West End. Shock result of the day was probably in 1B where Lakewood United who started the morning in second spot went down 3-1 at home to bottom side Acle Rangers Res. William Wanderers have now moved above United after Dan Childerhouse, Sam Thompson, Rob Blowers and Ryan Pye all scored in a 4-0 win over Salhouse Rovers. The game between Sprowston Wanderers and Taverham United ended goalless.

Mad Moose returned to league action for the first time since Jan 3rd and immediately closed the gap on leaders Mischief by beating DCS Rapid 3-1 thanks to two Troy Lowthorpe goals and a jon Soderberg strike. Micawbers and Mettingham hit three goals apiece as they shared the spoils. Graham Moss, Josh Ford and Shaun Hudson the home side scorers Jacob Hulme, Robbie Mitson and Dan Smith scoring for the visitors, and after two back to back wins, bottom side Dynamo FC crashed back down to earth as they were beaten 8-1 at home by Constable Crusaders. In 2B, Silver Fox drew level on points at the top after a Luke Gould hat trick in a 3-1 win at Hickling Barn, whilst the other game played in the division saw Briston Wanderers record a 3-2 home win over Cellar House.

With three games in hand, SNS FC are now just two points behind 3A leaders Winfarthing after winning 4-1 (Ben Morgan, Shane Gammage, Gary Warford, Oliver Shepherd) at GaGa FC. Hewett OB stay third as goals from Jordan Youngs, Luke Jeal, Olly Dodds, Louis Coleman, Dom Dodds and Jeff Ayigsi saw the score six without reply against AFC Westlegate. Freethorpe remain rooted to the bottom of the table after going down 2-0 against Mad Moose Res. Jack Hurrell scored five times and there were hat tricks for David Tayler and Shaun Grieves as Norwich Ceyms put thirteen passed Gressenhall in 3B. Kel Heywood and Tom Lansdale were the other marksmen. I a highly entertaining game at Britannia Barracks, where the home side Barracks FC entertained third placed Blofield United who started the game in dominating fashion, creating and missing several good chances. The home side gradually got into the game and had a couple of decent chances themselves but the first period remained goalless. The second period began much the same as the first and finally the deadlock was broken when Nat D’Rosario latched onto a through ball to beat the keeper with a clever finish. To their credit the home side battled back and were level within ten minutes as Ricky Marshall scored and with both sides now looking to win the game Curtis Pope produced a calm finish to put the home side in front with six minutes left. Blofield then searched in vain for the equaliser, but a mixture of poor finishing and good saves from Liam Shaw, who was outstanding throughout for Barracks, ensured the home side took the points. Hethersett Athletic Res scored seven times in their victory over Sporting Iceni and East Tuddenham were 3-0 (Franklyn Plume 2, Lewis Batch) winners over Bunwell AFC.

In the Under 19 A division, there was a good 2-0 win for Bulldogs FC at Scole United and Watton United were 3-1 winners at home to Wymondham Town. Marlborough extended their lead at the top of the B division after winning 5-2 (Lee jackson, Alex Philpott, Spencer Medler, Jack Lincoln, Ross Pickersgill) at Hellesdon, whilst Old Catton ran out 3-1 winners at Easton, a score by which Norwich United B also beat Blofield United with Regan French, Matt Fulcher and Sam Forder scoring. In the C division, there was another poor result for former long time leaders Drayton as they were beaten 4-1 at Dereham Town. North Walsham scored nine (Matt Beeson 2, Lewis Cresswell 2, Alex Johnson 2, Charlie Everson, Grant Johnson, Henry Carlton) in their win over bottom side Happisburgh Hammers and Sprowston Athletic scored five without reply at Aylsham. Swanton Morley and Horsford Youth took a point each in a 3-3 draw. Joe Thomas, Bradley Allison and Harry Stolworthy scored for Horsford, whilst Jack Livock 2, and Scott Abbott were the home side marksmen