Jan 29th


A week after securing a victory that put the destiny of the Premier Division title in their own hands last week; DE FC opened it back up this week as they went down 3-1 at Farmhouse. Shaun Taylor, Robert Warminger and an own goal were the scorers for the home side, whilst Dan Reynolds replied for the league leaders. This defeat allowed Riverside Rovers and Acle Rangers to close the gap at the top and both teams have games in hand on DE. Rovers were 2-0 down to Bungay Town before coming back to win 8-3 thanks to doubles from Jordan Rocastle, Jason Armes, Aaron Kay and Connor Delaney and are now six points behind with two games in hand, whilst Acle’s 3-1 home win over Schoolhouse also sees them six points behind with one game in hand. Interesting weeks ahead indeed. Goals from Lewis Page and Andrew Skipper helped earn Poringland Wanderers a point in a 2-2 draw at Dilham Cross Keys.

Norman Wanderers continue to set the pace in 1A after a 2-0 home win over Warwick St Utd. They lead the table by a point from The Middle Green who were 4-1 winners over Vale Longo. Brooke moved up to third spot after hitting seven without reply against Constable Crusaders, a result that saw them go above Longdale Rovers who were beaten 3-2 by Windmill Wanderers. Tony Palmer and Ashley Matthews scored for Wanderers in this game with one of Matthews’s two goals being reported as a “45 yard wonder strike”. Sprowston Wanderers eleventh league win in a row and Trimingham Pilgrims’s victory at Briston Wanderers has set up a titanic clash between the two next weekend. Wanderers ran out 4-0 winners at home to Phoenix FC, whilst George Crane 3, Antoni Fawkes 2, Jack Crane and Liam Amos all scored in the Pilgrims victory. They meet at Madra next week with Sprowston twelve points ahead but Trimingham have three games in hand. In the other game played in the division, there was a double for Adam Waters a goal for Tom Nurse and an own goal as Hethersett Athletic beat Acle Rangers Res 4-0.

In 2A, Hewett OB’s went three points clear at the top after goals by Callum Speck 2, Nathan Page 2, Ashley Smith, Oli Dodds and Jake Hagg enabled them to beat Brooke Res 7-1. Winfarthing won by the odd goal of seven at MC Rovers whilst DCS Rapid were 2-1 (Jamie Childs, Darragh Walsh) winners at Warwick St Utd Res. Norwich Ceyms are eleven points clear at the top of 2B after a 6-1 win at home to Hethersett Athletic Res. North Walsham moved up to second spot with three games in hand after Ryan Beeson scored seven times in a big win at Sporting Iceni, whilst Barracks FC are fourth following a 4-2 win at Sprowston Athletic. Harvey Harwood and Will Thurston scored in Blofield United’s 2-1 win at Harleston Town and after moving back to their own ground for the first time since fire damaged their premises, Bunwell AFC ran out 4-1 winners over East Tuddenham. Luke Stone, Tom Harvey, Nathan Soloman and Liam Slaughter the men on target.

The mornings top two in 3A met at The Fountain, and it was the leaders Woolpack who took the points after they beat Marlborough 5-1. Drayton Dazzlers are now second after beating Eaton Park Corinthians, whilst Cotman United scored five when winning at Nelsons Athletic. Longdale Rovers Res were another side to hit five as they won at Woodton United.

There were a couple of big wins by teams on their travels in the Under 19 A Division. Scole United scored eleven as they won at Swanton Morley and Long Stratton hit ten after their long trip to Grasshoppers. Alex Curran hit a hat trick in Hethersett Athletics 4-3 win at Heigham Park Rangers. James Cowan also scored whilst goals for the home side came from Jack Warminger, Jake Beales and Thor Forster. In the B Division, Easton won 3-1 at home to Acle Rangers and St Andrews won by the same score at Hellesdon. Esube Macembela, Jake Jackson and Gutin Datacompol scoring for the Saints. 

In the County Cups, Salhouse Rovers were knocked out of the Senior by El Sol of the Yarmouth League, SNS FC also went out of the Intermediate at Windmill of Yarmouth, but Hellesdon went through to the semi finals after winning 2-0 at Micawbers Tavern. In the Junior, Aylsham reached the semi’s after winning 8-1 at Mad Moose Athletic, Rockland United won 3-1 at AFC Norwich and Norman Wanderers A are also in the last four after beating Cringleford 6-4. 


The draw for the second round of the League Cup has been made and is as follows



Aslacton & Gt Moulton

Acle Rangers 


Windmill Wanderers

Bungay Town


Warwick St United



Horsford United

Dilham Cross Keys


Riverside Rovers



Norman Wanderers

Poringland Wanderers


The Middle Green

Newsman Celtic


Vale Longo