January 25th


An ideal morning for football greeted players this week and it proved to be a good day for the title chasers in the Premier Division.

Riverside Rovers stayed a point clear at the top as Jordan Rocastle scored four of the five goals in their victory at Poringland Wanderers. Stephen Edridge was the other player to find the net. Darren Parnell 2, Matt Plumstead and Mick Barker were on target for second placed Farmhouse as they won 4-1 at Dussindale Rovers and Acle Rangers remain third after Ashley Watson and Julian Bussell scored in their 2-1 at Norman Wanderers. Spixworth Sunday had a good 5-2 (Joe Woodcock 3, Nathan Joy, Ben Potts) win at AFC Wanderers, whilst Dog House moved off the bottom of the table as they took a point in a 2-2 draw with The POW.

1A leaders Aslacton played for an hour with ten men but still managed to take a point at Anglian Rovers thanks to a 30 yard screamer from Justin Womack. Bungay Town remain second after a 5-1 win at Vale Longo whilst in the game at Horsford United, Daniel King scored twice for visitors Dancing Farmers in reply to goals from Matt Taylor and Shaun Plant for the home side as the sides took a point each. Windmill Wanderers scored six of the eleven goals in their game with Brooke. Tony Palmer 2, Peter Williams 2 and Jordan Palmer had all scored to help Wanderers to twice come from two down before Gary Walsh netted winner with twenty seconds left in a game described by Windmill as a great advert for Sunday football well refereed by Larry Choate. Lewis Clarry 3 and James Hadley 2, were the Brooke scorers. It was also a great morning for DCS Rapid as they moved off the bottom of the table after an excellent 5-1 home win over Norman Wanderers Res. William Wanderers remain three points clear at the top of 1B as goals by Dan Childerhouse 2, Craig Glen, Liam Brown Luke Delaney and Ryan Pye saw them win 6-1 at Heartsease FC. Schoolhouse, who are three points behind but have three games in hand, thumped third placed Earlham Utd 6-1 thanks to a Chris Hall hat trick and further goals from Jack Smith 2 and Timmy Henery. There was a good win for St Faiths as they won 5-1 (Matt Howard 2, Chris Mooney, Troy Lowthorpe, Matt Leone) and Acle Rangers Res won by the odd goal of five against Moles Rest.

In 2A, leaders New Buckenham went down 3-2 at Bungay Town Res but remain two points clear of Costessey West End who were 2-1 winners at Constable Crusaders whose goal came from Liam Frost who after Alan Taylor last week, became the second Crusaders player to reach the 100 appearance mark. Shipdham Rangers made the long trip to Dilham Cross Keys only to lose 3-1, Lee Houghton, Dan Duffield and Dan Tindall scored for Dilham and it was pleasing to receive information from the referee Mike Holmes, praising both sides highly. Micawbers Tavern scored five without reply at home to Fat Cat & Canary whilst a single goal Jack Sinclair was enough for Newsman Celtic to win at Ketts Tavern Wizards. Celtic also praised referee Colin Harris who carried on officiating despite suffering an ankle injury early in the game. It’s as you were at the top of 2B. Leaders DEF FC went to Mettingham and won 3-0. Revolution FC went to Salhouse Rovers where goals by Lewis Franklin 2, Craig Boyles and Will Tolliday helped them win by the odd goal of seven and Lakewood Utd returned to winning ways as they beat SDC Utd 2-0. Credit goes to both sides for switching the venue as the original pitch was unfit. Rileys FC had a 3-2 (Adam Simpson 2, Mathew Brighton) victory at Costessey Sports and there was a first half hat trick for Jonny Brown and a second half goal for Chris Scase as Briston Wanderers won 4-2 at Locksley Athletic.

The Middle Green are now six points clear at the top of 3A. Their 7-1 win at home to Dynamo coupled with Mischief’s surprise 6-3 defeat at MC Rovers means that the gap has opened up and Middle Green still have a game in hand. It was a great win for MC Rovers who are on a good run at present. Ryan Gray scored four times and others came from Damien Smith and Keelan Kindleysides for Rovers who also praised their goalkeeper Liam Quadling for his performance in the first half which kept them in the game. Brooke Res followed up last weeks good win with a 3-0 (Danny Webster, Tom Miller, Justin Bradfield) defeat of Reedham FC and Sporting Longdale Res hit the goal trail as they put seven past Tasburgh Utd. Winfarthing FC will be happy with their mornings work as they won 3-2 at AFC Westlegate. Phoenix dropped points for only the third time this season as they battled out a goalless draw at third placed Hickling Barn. Silver Fox are fourth after Aaron Tunaley and Luke Gould scored in their 2-1 win at East Tuddenham whilst Hethersett Athletic Res scored four (Adam Waters 3, Steve White) without reply at home to Sporting Iceni. Cellar House were 3-2 winners at Red Lion and Binham Village had a 2-1 home win over Salhouse Rovers Res.

In the Under 19 A section Hellesdon Youth came back from North Walsham with a 3-2 victory under their belt. Kane Moore, Elliott Roe and Billy Richardson in the victory and it was good to hear the Hellesdon manager heap praise on referee Martin Meek. The other game in the division saw Coltishall Jaguars gain their first ever point since joining the development league in its first season as they drew 2-2 at Thorpe Village, although they may be slightly disappointed as they let a two goal lead slip when the home side equalised in injury time.

In the B section, the top two had convincing wins. Sprowston Athletic put nine (Alfie Bale 3,  Lewis Meecham 2, Shaun Cameron, Sam White, Charlie Steward, Craig Killett) without reply past Coltishall Jaguars B whilst Marlborough FC thumped thirteen (Jordan Wheeler 2, Mac Gee 2,  Bradley Spooner 2, Cameron Beazley 2, Sebastian Bialasik 2, Adam Wilson, Jack Lincoln, OG) passed Hellesdon B. Litcham were 4-1 (Jake Sheard 2, Harry Rissman, OG) winners at East Coast Warriors, whilst Muhamod Hoqe, Declan Barnes and Dillon Rix found the net as Norman Wanderers won 3-0 at Drayton.

Poringland Wanderers moved three points clear of section C after winning 3-0 (Will Harrowing, Harry Carr, Luke Keeler) at Newton Flotman. Harleston Town were 3-2 winners at Norwich United and Watton United scored seven (Ashley Aylett 4, Lewis Hart, Sam Childerhouse, Tom Rayner) as they beat Mulbarton Wanderers



The draw for the second round of the League Cup has been made and is as follows

Moles Rest v Ribs Rovers

Riverside Rovers v Earlham United

The POW v Poringland Wanderers 

Farmhouse FC v Schoolhouse FC

Aslacton & GM v Windmill Wanderers

Acle Rangers v Mad Moose

Dancing Farmers v AFC Wanderers

Brooke FC or Bungay Town v Sprowston Wanderers

All games due to be played on February 1st. ETIN and Pens if required