A bright crisp November morning greeted sides this weekend and another set of fixtures were completed.

I saw the game between the mornings top two in the Premier Division where Schoolhouse played host to Acle Rangers. After an even and keenly contested first half where both sides created but failed to take chances, the game exploded into life after the break when Dale Simpson was pulled down in the area and Ryhs Logan stepped up to fire home the spot kick to put the home side ahead. Acle hit back and went close on several occasions before a bit of nonsense that did neither side any credit, was dealt with by referee Kevin Betts in his usual calm manner. As they game moved on a quickly taken free kick put the outstanding Logan clear and he made no mistake in adding his second of the game. Riverside Rovers stay moved up to third spot after thumping a dozen past Poringland Wanderers. Jordan Rocastle hitting four and Jason Armes three, whilst despite goals from George Diggens and Fionn Goodwin-Wright, DE FC were held top a 2-2 draw at home to Sprowston Wanderers. A single goal was enough for Trimingham Pilgrims to take the points at home to Horsford whilst Farmhouse and Bungay Town took a point each as they shared eight goals, substitute Pat Hudson hitting a treble for the visitors

In Division 1, leaders The Middle Green hit eight (Daryl Puttock 4, Jonathon Bailey 2, Samuel Brooks, Dominic Doggett) without reply as they beat bottom side Rose Athletic whilst Owen Page hit five and James Daniels and Nick Aston also found the net as Brooke won 7-2 at Norman Wanderers. Hewett OB’s hi five when winning at Windmill Wanderers and Hellesdon are now fourth after winning 6-1 at Longdale Rovers. Phoenix FC also collected three points as they hit five of the eight goals in their game with Aslacton.

After dropping points against Mad Moose last time out, Woolpack moved to the top of Division 2 after winning the reverse fixture 7-0. There was a double for Blair Luther-Veitch and a goal for Joe Bickel as Hethersett Ath were 3-0 winners over Sprowston Ath Wildcats and Vale Longo shared the points with Barracks FC in a 1-1 draw. There was good news for Mettingham with Mathew Staff 2, Robert Read and Ben Mitson all scoring as they gained their first points of the season with a 4-1 win at home to Briston FC.

Brooke Res remain top of Division 3 after the prolific Lewis Knight hit another hat trick with Simon Curtis and Danny Crabb also netting in the 5-3 win over Silver Fox for whom Craig Boyles 2 and Sam Lincoln replied. DCS Rapid stay in touch after winning 4-1 at East Tuddenham, whilst MC Rovers moved up to third with a 2-1 win over Acle Rangers Res. Reece Evans helped Bungay Town Res keep up their recent good run scoring all four as they won by the odd goal in seven at home to Newsman Celtic.

With Division 4 leaders AFC Norwich inactive, FC Viking took the chance to move to within two points of them as Ian Beeden, Craig Beeden and Luke Stone all scored in a 3-1 home win over Hethersett Ath Res. Cellar House lost ground as they suffered a 2-1 (Dan Cook, John Corcoran) defeat at the hands of Nelson Athletic whilst Eaton Park Corinthians were 5-2 winners over Rackheath Rangers.

Easton are they new leaders of Division 5. As they were recording a 5-2 (Edward Kettle 2, Devin Blundell, Omar Lahfa, Craig Wright) home win over Ashill, morning leaders Watton United were going down 6-2 at Qube FC for whom Shane Gammage, Ryan Higgins, Luke Johnstone, Ben Morgan, Cole Risby and Richard Taylor all scoring

In the Under 19’s, Scole United remain top, Harry Brookes,  Kieran Manning and Ben Williamson on target in beating St Andrews 3-1 whilst second placed Old Catton hit eight when winning at Hethersett Ath. James Bemrose continued his scoring streak hitting seven as Long Stratton had a big win over Mulbarton Wanderers to remain third whilst Tinashe Madzimur and Max Ingrey were on target as Hellesdon beat Acle Rangers 2-0