March 29th


As well as being deprived of an hours sleep, it was also a very wet and windy morning that greeted players this weekend.

In the Premier Division, Farmhouse opened up a gap at the top of the table after beating The PoW 4-3. This was a see saw game with both sides being ahead at various stages. Darren Parnell, Michael Callum, Tommy Salmon and Matthew Plumstead all scored for Farmhouse whilst Nick May 2 and Chris Holmes were the PoW scorers. Tom Daynes and Ben Graver found the net for Sprowston Rovers in their 2-1 win at Dussindale Rovers giving a first away win of the season to the visitors.

In 1A, Aslacton ensured a top two finish after winning at Mad Moose. After being a goal down at the break, the visitors stormed back to hit six (Ben Sterman 2, Ed Lake, Dean Mortimer, James Peach, OG) and take the points. Sporting Longdale finished their season with a single Bradley Whurr goal victory over Vale Longo, whilst Anglian Rovers and Norman Wanderers Res took a point each in a 1-1 draw. Bell Inn’s challenge for a play off spot was dealt a blow as they went down 6-4 at home to newly crowned champions Schoolhouse. After 65 minutes Bell were leading 4-2, thanks to goals from Dale Simpson 2, Ian Babb and Joe Pattison but Schoolhouse hit back and strikes by Chris Hall 2, Sam Watts, Rhys Logan Tim Henry and an og ensured that the title winners took the points. It now leaves Bell needing to win their final two games to clinch the playoff spot. Sprowston Wanderers had a very good 7-1 win at St Faiths, whilst Ribs Rovers completed their season with a 1-1 draw against Heartsease FC.

The top two in 2A both recorded victories. Costessey West End remained top after a 2-0 home win over Newsman Celtic and Dilham Cross Keys ran out 5-2 (Antoni Fawkes 3, Dan Tindall 2) winners over Micawbers Tavern. Despite goals from Liam Frost and Jay Dugdale, Constable Crusaders went down 3-2 at Shipdham Rangers and well done to Fat Cat & Canary, who after twenty games have finally grabbed their first win of the season, after a James Boyle goal was enough to beat Norman Wanderers A 1-0. In 2B Champions Lakewood United finished the season in style as goals from Kieran Blee, Kris Hume, Craig Mckail, Callum Speck and George Crowe with two, helped them to a 6-0 win over Hethersett Athletic. Salhouse Rovers scored seven (Jack Hurrell 3, Ryan Tebble 2, Sam Lincoln, Neil Woolner) without reply as they won at Locksley Athletic and Rileys FC scored five of the nine goals as they recorded a very good victory in their game at Revolution FC. SDC Utd secretary Alan Arber was full of praise for referee Peter Cater as his side enjoyed a 3-1 win over Mettingham FC thanks to two Clive Riches goals and another from Matt Sharp. He said it was an enjoyable game for both sides mainly due to the performance of the referee. Great to hear.

The Middle Green, having won the 3A title last week, went down for only the second time this season as they were beaten 2-1 at Mischief FC for whom Luca Elia and Lee Askew were on target. Dynamo are now up to third spot after beating Freethorpe 4-1 and Brooke FC Res also scored four as they beat Sporting Longdale Res. Winfarthing made the long trip to Reedham and will have been delighted to have gone home with a 5-0 win under their belts and Tasburgh Utd will also be happy after securing a 5-3 victory over AFC Westlegate. In 3B, second placed Hickling Barn were 3-1 winners at Hethersett Athletic Res, whilst there was a brace each for Ryan Frankland, Martin Woolner and Will Sainsbury-Logan as Salhouse Rovers Res won 6-1 at home to East Tuddenham for whom Andrew Marjoram scored. Cellar House had a cameo five minute appearance from veteran secretary Chris Walkden as they were 5-0 winners at home to Felthorpe FC. He didn’t get on the score sheet though as Matt Lane 2, Simon Kett 2 and Brett Hadley scored the goals.

In the Under 19’s the final game of the B division saw Litcham FC run out 3-2 winners at Reepham Town, whilst in the C division, Attleborough Town have one hand on the title after a narrow 3-2 (Jordan Lake 2, Sam Peel) victory at home to Scole Utd.

The first games in the group stages of the Benevolent Cup saw Hellesdon win 3-1 (Liam Robinson, Elliot Roe, Kane Moore) at Blofield Utd and holders Hethersett Athletic lose 4-0 (Tam Demunga 2, Casper King, Jack Herbert) at Long Stratton in the A section, whilst in the B section Marlborough were 4-1 (Adam Wilson 2, Bradley Spooner, Jordan Wheeler) winners at Sprowston Athletic and goals by Adam Johnson, Grant Johnson and a last minute equaliser from goalkeeper Chris Gray helped North Walsham draw 3-3 at Thorpe Village.

To see the group tables of the cup, please go to