March 5th



This weekend saw the Quarter Finals of the League Cup take place and there was drama as three of the four ties needed extra time to produce a result.

Norman Wanderers produced the result of the round as the current 1A leaders came from behind to beat Premier Division Acle Rangers. After going two down within five minutes, Normans pulled back to level, but with five minutes left Rangers got their noses in front again only to be denied by a last minute equaliser from the home side who went on to grab the winner in extra time.  Schoolhouse reached the Semi Finals as they scored seven of the eleven goals against The Middle Green in the only game that didn’t require extra time. The was an oustanding perfomance from Brendan Burke who scored six of the Schoolhouse goals. Fraser Reeves scored for Vale Longo within the first ten seconds of their home tie with Warwick St United but the visitors hit back and took the game to extra time where further goals from Andy Adams and Callum Warnock saw Longo go through 3-1. After a goalless ninety minutes Mark Allibone put DE FC ahead in extra time against Dilham Cross Keys only for Lawrence Cheese to level for the visitors and take the game to a remarkable penalty shoot out in which every player scored their penalty before Andy Aldous finally made the vital save to put DE through 12-11.

In League action, the only game in the Premier Division saw a Connor Delaney hat trick a Jason Armes brace and a Jordan Rocastle goal give Riverside Rovers a 6-1 home win over Horsford United. The result has now put Rovers top of the table on goal difference from DE FC with both teams having four games left to play.

In 1A, Brooke took advantage of other teams cup involvement to move up to second spot with a 5-0 win over Windmill Wanderers. Longdale Rovers won by the odd goal of five at Bungay Town Res, Lloyd Nobbs, James Barton and Bradley Warr scoring and New Buckenham were 5-2 winners at Newsman Celtic. Constable Crusaders recorded their third win on the trot as they came from behind to win 6-1 at Mischief. Scott Tuttle with a treble Liam Frost 2 and Scott Francis were the Crusader scorers. In 1B, Trimingham Pilgrims moved eight points clear of third placed Aslacton after beating them 4-3. Antoni Fawkes 2, George Crane and Jordan Tipple scored for the home side, Jutty Womack 2, and Ed Lake replied, in a game very well refereed by Rob Emery. Pilgrims though are still nine points behind the leaders Sprowston Wanderers with a game in hand. Phoenix are fourth after a 2-0 (Charlie Lambe, Jamie Smith) win over Salhouse Rovers, whilst Silver Fox hit five (Chris Chapman, Luke Gould, Dale Rayner, Nathan Savage Jamie Wright) without reply as they won at Acle Rangers Res. There was some joy for Binham Village as they won 3-1 at home top Hethersett Athletic.

Hewett OB’s took a step nearer the 2A title after Jordan Crane 2, Ashley Smith 2, Lewy Smith, Nathan Page and Jake Hagg all scored in a 7-1 victory over Micawbers. Norman Res are still second as Jordan Kenny hit a double in their 4-0 win over Dynamo and SNS dropped points in the race for second spot as they were held to a 3-3 draw by MC Rovers. Mettingham won 5-1 (Rob Marshall 2, Dan Whyman, Jon Barnett, OG) at Warwick St Utd Res whilst DCS Rapid and Brooke Res shared eight goals and the points. In 2B, Hellesdon are second after winning 4-1 (Billy Richardson, Mac Gee, Jack Love, Cameron Beazer) at Bunwell AFC and a single goal at East Tuddenham was enough to move Barracks FC into third spot. Harleston Town won 6-3 at Hethersett Res and Sprowston Athletic also scored half a dozen as they won at Sporting Iceni.

Woolpack stay well in control of 3A after a big win against Nelsons Athletic and are five points clear of second placed Marlborough with two games in hand. Norman Wanderers A and Drayton Dazzlers are level on points and were also level on goals as they drew 4-4. Lucas Kent 2, Steven Carver and Luke Southgate scored for Normans who had come from 3-0 down. Ross Pantry 3 and Dillon Alexander replied. Mad Moose Athletic were 5-4 winners at home to Cotman Utd, and Longdale Rovers scored six of the ten goals in their game with AFC Norwich. The South Norfolk Derby brought a resounding victory for Hempnall at Woodton United.

In the Under 19’s Attleborough Town look set retain their title after a thumping 8-0 win at leaders Watton United. Town are now just two points behind Watton with three games in hand. In the other game played in the division Hethersett Athletic recorded a good 5-2 win at Reepham Town.

In the B Division, Aylsham’s 4-0 home win over Acle Rangers saw them put one hand on the title as four points from their last five games will guarantee it. Old Catton’s final game of the season brought about a 2-1 win at Hellesdon and they must now wait to see if anybody can catch them for the runners up spot.