March 6th


On a weekend where the league programme was decimated by the torrential rain of the past couple of days, ten games managed to survive and they produced some important results.

Two of the League Cup Quarter Finals went ahead, both at Eaton Park. Firstly, Farmhouse made holders Acle Rangers fight all the way. Ryan Mickleborough and Tommy Salmon scoring for the home side before eventually going down 3-2 after extra time. DE FC recovered from last weeks County Cup semi final defeat, to beat current Premier Division leaders Schoolhouse 2-1 aet with Sam Grady and Fionn Goodwin Wright the men on target The other two quarter finals were postponed and will be rescheduled on a date to be announced.

In league matters, New Buckenham chose their last home game of the season to put a huge dent into the 1A title hopes of Dilham Cross Keys by beating them 3-2. It was New Buckenham’s first home win of the season and all three goals were scored by Matt Anderson. The result sees Dilham still top but with their main rivals having games in hand.

In 2A, Mad Moose, with four games in hand on leaders Mischief, cut the gap at the top to six points after Jon Soderberg, Michael Adcock, Josh Malin, Tibor Megyesi and Joe McFarlane all scored in a good 5-3 win at third placed Constable Crusaders, whilst in the other game played in the division, DCS Rapid beat Mettingham 2-1.

There was a vital win for 3A leaders SNS FC. They made the trip to third placed Winfarthing where they recorded a 4-1 victory to move three points clear with a game in hand. GaGa completed their season with a 3-1 (Darren Hills, Kastriot Pepa, Aaron Sodah) win at Sporting Longdale Res.

In the Under 19’s, Watton Utd were 2-1 winners over Long Stratton in the only A division game played. Congratulations to Marlborough won the battle of the top two in the B Division by scoring twice without reply against Norman Wanderers Youth and in doing so took the B Divison title. In the C Division, Horsford Youth were 4-2 winners at Dereham Town.