Congratulation to Riverside Rovers. A hat trick from Jordan Rocastle, including a superb overhead kick, and goals by Shaun Wones and Duane Eastall helped Riverside Rovers to a 5-1 victory at Bell Inn, a result that saw Rovers retain the Premiership title. They were made to work hard for the victory against a Bell Inn side who had two great chances to take the lead before Rocastle struck and were unlucky to have only a Dale Simpson strike to show for their efforts. The title completes part two of the elusive treble that Riverside are chasing and would see them join an elite band of clubs that have succeeded in completing that task.

All eyes now turn to the Sunday Senior Cup Final at Carrow Rd on Monday 23rd where Riverside will take on close rivals Schoolhouse FC in what promises to be a mouth watering affair. Kick off is at 7.30pm 



Riverside Rovers won the first of what they hope will be three trophies as they survived a determined fight back by DE FC to lift the League Cup in front of a crowd of just under two hundred on a gloriously sunny morning at the FDC.

DE FC made a good start to the game and gained a handful of corners in the first ten minutes which produced some last ditch defending from Rovers, but the team from Rackheath gradually worked their way into the game and on seventeen minutes they took the lead when Roy Bevis ran onto a through ball to lob keeper Adam Aldous. Duane Eastall almost increased the lead soon after but his shot from the edge of the box flew just over, and with Rovers now on top, Aldous saved well from Shaun Wones. DE worked hard in the heat to get themselves back into the game and Paul Suggitt saw a free kick just clear the crossbar, but just as you thought they may level the scorers DE were undone five minutes before half time by a brilliant strike from Bevis, who from fully thirty five yards out caught Aldous off his line with a first time strike which found the roof of the net. DE to their credit responded immediately and gained a corner from which the ball fell to the feet of Mark Allibone on the edge of the area, and his shot through a crowd of players found the bottom of the net to make the half time score 2-1.

The second period began cagily with neither side really creating much until Fionn Goodwin-Wright latched onto a through ball only to bring a good save out of Rovers keeper Paul Walton, but the DE striker was not to be denied ten minutes later as good work from Mo Bah saw his cross into the box find Goodwin-Wright, who’s first time effort found the net via the underside of the crossbar. It was a great fight back by DE and it was now game on, but the heat was taking its toll and the pace of the game understandably slowed a little with few clear cut chances being created, but with the game heading for extra time Rovers almost nicked it firstly Jordan Rocastle went on a solo run but was crowded out after on touch too many then captain Jamie Riley saw his header hit the top of the crossbar and go over. Soon after this referee Phil South blew for full time, so both sides had another twenty minutes to produce a winner.

Extra time started brightly and Rocastle fired a decent effort just wide. At the other end, Goodwin-Wright produced a great curling effort from the corner of the area only to see it come back off the woodwork, but still there was nothing to split the teams as the interval approached. The final ten minutes saw both teams go for it. Gavin Lemmon was now playing in a more forward role for Rovers and produced a powerful strike that had Aldous in all sorts of trouble, but the keeper managed to scramble the ball clear as Rocastle waited to pounce and with the game now really stretched Goodwin-Wright found himself in the clear, only to see Walton again deny him. But the game provided drama to the last and with the majority in attendance getting ready to watch a penalty shoot out, Lemmon had other ideas and as the ball was laid off to him in a similar position to his earlier effort, this time he gave Aldous no chance to send the Rovers players, bench and supporters wild. Dramatic ending to a well contested final where both teams played their part as did referee Phil South and his team of officials.

For Rovers, they now move onto Barnham Broom on Thursday evening knowing that if they gain a victory against Bell Inn, it will see them lift the league title, whilst DE FC finish the season having won Division 1B and knowing that they will prove a very good acquisition to the Premier Division.

The completion of 2A also took place today and saw The Middle Green defeat DCS Rapid 3-2