Nov 22nd


The heavy rain and snow showers over the past few days took its toll on the weekend’s fixture list as many pitches were deemed unplayable.

In the Premier Division, Acle Rangers moved back to the top of the table after scoring six without reply at home to Aslacton whilst at Eaton Park, Poringland Wanderers twice came from behind to beat Farmhouse 4-3. Tim Carey 2, Liam Jones and Dan Cook were on target for the visitors, whilst Michael Cullum and Matthew Plumstead were amongst the scorers for the home side.

The one first division game played brought about a home win for Anglian Rovers who overcame Vale Longo 3-1.

I watched the game in 2A between leaders Mad Moose and Brooke Res. With kick off delayed to make the pitch playable, Moose got off to a whirlwind start as Mike Adcock opened the scoring within the first twenty seconds. The same player added a second shortly after and when David Kiss added a third, you could have been forgiven for thinking it could be a cricket score. But credit to Brooke. They battled well and their determined mood was rewarded when Barry Naylor scored from a corner, but almost immediately Tibor Megyasi added a fourth for Moose. Brooke received some hope as the home keeper was sent off for deliberate handball outside the box, but they were unable to make the most of their numerical advantage. Sadly the game had to be delayed for over forty minutes as a young female spectator collapsed on the touchline, and had to be taken away by ambulance. The League sends her their best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery. After both sides made the decision to finish the game, there were no further goals. It turned to be a good result for Moose as they moved back to the top of the table courtesy of Mischief FC being beaten 3-2 at Micawbers Tavern. Shaun Hudson 2, and Josh Ford were the men on target for Micawbers. The one game to survive in 2B saw Alfie Clark score twice as Briston Wanderers beat Binham Village 2-1.

Gaga FC are the new leaders of 3A after a 4-2 (Darren Hills 2, Aaron Sodah, Luke Secker) win at home to Mad Moose Res. MC Rovers hit ten in beating Westfield and Reedham won their local derby with Freethorpe scoring four without reply in the process. Sporting Longdale Res grabbed their second win of the season as they defeated AFC Westlegate 4-2. Two games were played in 3B. Gressenhall FC went down 4-2 at home to Sporting Iceni for whom Danny Shafiyan 2, Ben Wigger and James Hunter scored, whilst Hethersett Athletic Res scored nine (Ben Wright 3, Steve White 2,  Jack Flynn 2, Jamie Wright, Justin Bradfield) in beating Bunwell AFC. Credit must go to both sides and the referee for this game taking place. Originally due to take place at Hethersett, the game was called off due to a waterlogged pitch, but on the suggestion of Bunwell, the game was moved to their ground as it could be made playable. Great effort by all concerned, some other clubs could take note.

In the Under 19’s Attleborough Town moved to the top of the A Division after beating Wymondham Town 11-2, Daniel Whitman scored five times, with other goals coming from Jamie Edwards 2, Jack Binks, Mathew Pallant, Jamie Venables and Patrick Kassaga, whilst goals by Callum Butcher and Jack Herbert gave Long Stratton their fourth win in five games as they beat Bulldogs 2-0.

Marlborough went clear at the top of the B Division scoring nine (Adam Wilson 3, Alex Philpott 3, Spencer Medlar, Jack Lincoln, Bradley Spooner) times against Old Catton as second placed Norman Wanderers Youth were being held to a 2-2 draw by Thorpe Village.

In Division C, Litcham ran out 9-1 (Felix Leiato 3, Liam Razzell 2, Ruben Copsey, Daniel Sceen, Nicholas Holyoak, Kenny Edwards) winners at Long Stratton, whilst Dereham Town beat Happisburgh Hammers 15-2.