November 8th


On a very met Remembrance Day, it was good to see clubs impeccably observe a minutes silence on a morning when a few games were lost to the weather.

In the Premier Division, Darren Parnell hit a double and Dave Mathews was also on target as leaders Farmhouse came back after going behind to an early Frazer Rankin goal to beat Poringland Wanderers 3-1. Riverside Rovers came from two goals down to beat AFC Wanderers 5-3, their goals coming from Roy Bevis 2, Jordan Rocastle 2, and Aaron Kaye, and their was a first victory of the season for Dog House as they won 5-3 (Josh Barzey 2, Kain Eagleton, Paul Timm, Ryan Lythgoe) at Spixworth Sunday. Two injury time goals were not enough for Dussindale Rovers to claw back a Rikki George hat trick as they went down 3-2 at Norman Wanderers

Dean Mortimer scored twice and James Smith also hit the target as Aslacton had a narrow 3-2 home win over Mad Moose in 1A. I saw the game at Eaton Park between Dancing Farmers and Anglian Rovers. The home side took a first half lead when Mason Roe headed home from close range following a free kick. The same player then saw a spot kick brilliantly saved by the Rovers keeper to ensure there was only one goal in the first period. The lively Wayne Riseborough equalised early in the second have and an even contest continued until a late flurry of goals in the last fifteen minutes saw Roe add his second with further strikes coming from Adam King and Nick Aston to give Farmers a 4-1 win. Brooke FC had a 3-0 home win over Norman Wanderers Res, whilst DCS Rapid moved off the bottom of the table thanks to a 4-2 (Neal Gardner, Brett Kingsbury, John Davis, Graeme Parke) win at Horsford Utd. Scoring six (Chris Hall 3, Brad Nelson, Kieran Delaney, Leon Brock) without reply at Ribs Rovers means that Schoolhouse top 1B on goal difference from Bell Inn, who ran out 8-2 (Dale Simpson 3, Ian Babb 3, Josh Farrow, Reece Ashman) winners at home to Moles Rest. There was a treble for Scott Roberts and goals for Liam Moriarty and Ashley Davies as Earlham Utd defeated Acle Rangers Res, whilst Jody Peacher also hit three as St Faiths put five past Spixworth Sunday Res. Carl Branson and Matt Howard also found the net. There was a welcome win for Heartsease FC as they beat Taverham Utd 3-0.

Shipdham Rangers top 2A after hitting a dozen (Bradley Rivett 2, Joe Gaston 3, Jack Flynn 3, Mark Alibone, Lewis Fuller Daniel Reeve, Lewis McKerrell) past Norman Wanderers A. They lead on goal difference from Costessey West End who had a Tommy Cushing thirty five yard free kick and a Ross Brannigan penalty to thank for their 2-0 win over Bungay Town Res.  Four goals from Robbie Powell and one from Wright topped off a fantastic display from Newsman Celtic, who had gone one down in the very first minute. Credit to qualified referee Matthew Colley for stepping in when the appointed ref failed to arrive. Micawbers Tavern scored nine without reply at Fat Cat & Canary, whilst Antoni Fawkes 3, Daniel Duffield 2, Jamie Clarke and Mark Faiers all scored for Dilham Cross Keys in their 7-3 win at Ketts Tavern Wizards. In 2B Costessey Sports were 1-0 winners at Briston Wanderers and goals by Adam Simpson 3, Mark Oakley, Kirk Appleton and Andrew Douglass enabled Rileys FC to beat Locksley Ath by the same score. SDC Utd continued their good recent run with Matt Sharp and Glenn Brown scoring as they beat Hethersett Ath 2-1 to move up into third spot.

In 3A, leaders GaGa FC lost by the odd goal of nine at Winfarthing FC a result that saw The Middle Green FC close the gap as the put nine past MC Rovers. Brooke Res ran out 4-2 winners at Dynamo FC and Westfield won at Tasburgh Utd by the same score. Phoenix FC are four points clear in 3B after a 3-0 (Ryan Fisher, Josh Goodhall,  Jamie Smith) victory over Binham Village, whilst Hickling Barn’s 2-1 (Oliver Woodhouse, Liam Lown) win at Trimingham Pilgrims enabled them to leapfrog their opponents into second spot. Silver Fox won 5-3 (Aaron Tunaley 4,  Matt Cartledge) at Cellar House and there was a 2-1 home win for Hethersett Res over Red Lion.

The clash of the top two in the Under 19 A section saw leaders Blofield Utd win 4-0 (Josh Clarke 2, Nat D’Rosario, Matty Grapes) at Long Stratton, whilst the other game in the division saw Thorpe village score six of the nine goals in their game at Coltishall Jaguars.

B section leaders Marlborough proved far too strong for Hellesdon Youth B as they scored fifteen times ( Alex Phillpott 3, James Cooper 3, Sebastian Bialasik 3, Cameron Beezer 2, Rob Sayer, Bradley Spooner, Adam Wilson, Jordan Wheeler) and there were a dozen goals (Lewis Scott 4, Sean Swaby 3, Kieran Harrison 3, Lewis Plumstead, Reece Baston) for second placed Reepham Town as they beat Swanton Morley. Jack Dearden scored twice as Drayton won a thoroughly enjoyable game at Norman Wanderers Youth 2-0 and there was a 3-2 win for East Coast Warriors at Litcham FC.

Poringland Wanderers top section C, Jordan Sayer, Luke Keeler and Daniel Mangonaro scoring in  a 3-1 home win over Newton Flotman, whilst second placed Attleborough Town thumped nine (Sam Peel 2,  Jamie Edwards 2, Patrick Kassaga 2, Steven Charles Charlie Edwards) without reply passed Freethorpe. Norwich Utd are up to third after a good 4-1 ( Orren Oliver 3, Daniel Hogston) win at Harleston Town.

This has been the first time this season that the weather has called games into question. Can clubs please remember that if they are calling a game off due to adverse conditions, they must call the League secretary or Fixture secretary as soon as a decision has been taken. Text messages are NOT acceptable.  Also make sure you inform your opponents immediately as it may prevent them from making an unnecessary journey. If you do have an away fixture, that you feel may be in doubt, it may be advisable to check with the opposition before setting off. Those who leave it for the referee to decide or  if he decides the pitch is not fit to play on when he arrives, must abide by his decision.