Riverside Rovers and Acle Rangers are set to meet in the League Cup Final on Friday May 10th at The FDC after both sides won their respective semi finals on a miserable wet morning this weekend.

Acle Rangers travelled to Poringland Wanderers and the teams proceeded to produce a tight first period with the best of few chances going to the home side who brought a superb save from visiting keeper Foreman. The second half continued in much the same vein but both goalkeepers dealt comfortably with most efforts that came their way. However, with fifteen minutes remaining, the visiting side took the lead when Tom Cullabine rose at the far post to head home. Poringland almost responded within minutes, Matty Elwin’s header came back off the crossbar and from the rebound Lewis Clarry’s effort was somehow scrambled off the line and out for a corner. With the home side pressing for an equaliser Acle broke away again deep into stoppage time and Perry Kelf tapped home from close range to add a second. As if to sum up the home sides day, Chris’s Lay’s tremendous thirty yard strike hit the inside of the post with the keeper well beaten but the ball rolled along the line and out to safety.

At Rackheath Premier Division Riverside Rovers faced Division 1 side Woolpack and
scrappy but competitive first half saw both team have sights at goal but nothing clean cut. Both teams were cancelling each other out with the majority of the game being played in midfield.  The best chance of the half fell to Woolpack with a lovely through ball only for the the player to go down under the goalkeepers challenge.  The Woolpack players claimed for a penalty however the referee deemed the Riverside keeper got enough of the ball and waved appeals away.The second half started much the same way however with sixty minutes gone Riverside were awarded a penalty which was coolly dispatched by Connor Delaney.  Woolpack made a couple of changes but for all their hard work and endeavor couldn’t create any clear cut chances, Riverside dealing with everything that was thrown at them.  With just five minutes to play Riverside broke down the right, and the cross into the box was put into the net by Tyler Riley to seal victory for the home side.
The only game played in the Premier Division this weekend saw The Middle Green victorious against Hewett Old Boys, beating them 3-1.
Mischief FC ended their season by failing to put anymore pressure on title favourites Woolpack by losing 3-1 at Marlborough. Mischief though, should be very happy with their efforts this season. Mad Moose Athletic will be happy too as their 5-2 win at Hethersett Athletic moved them off the bottom of the table.
Apart from the semi finals, the days biggest game was in Division 2 where AFC Norwich played host to Silver Fox, both sides having serious title intentions and it was the home side that took all three points winning 3-1. Bungay Town are now in second spot after they won 4-1 at FC Viking and DCS Rapid ran out 3-2 victors at Dynamo. There was another win for Acle Rangers Res, 3-1 against East Tuddenham and Norman Wanderers A and Hempnall took a point each from a 1-1 draw.
Watton United as expected clinched the Div 3 title after scoring seven without reply against Rackheath Rangers so congratulations go to them. Aylsham were also winners with a victory over Celler House.
Congratulations go to Moose Park Rangers. They came from behind to beat Cringleford 4-1 and lift the Division 4 title in their first season. Well done to them. Another first time club, Earsham Sunday ensured runners up spot after a good 5-2 win at Long Stratton. Old Catton beat Cherry Tree 2-1 and Yelverton finished their first season with a 2-2 draw at Hellesdon