This weekend saw the 2nd Round of the league Cup take place and despite some inclement weather in the last few days, all ties were completed, but few league games fell by the wayside.

The top three in the Premier Division all progressed, league leaders and cup holders Schoolhouse were 7-2 winners at Windmill Wanderers, Riverside Rovers saw Roy Bevis strike twice as they scored seven without reply at Brooke, whilst Acle Rangers had a good 5-2 victory at Trimingham Pilgrims. Callum Speck scored twice and there was a goal for Callum Wiley as First Division Hewett OB’s won 3-1 at Sprowston Wanderers whilst Aslacton put paid to Mischief’s cup hopes by beating them 3-1. Poringland Wanderers overcame Division One leaders Longdale Rovers 2-1 (aet) thanks to  goals from Tom Pitchell and Lewis Preston, and Farmhouse eased into the quarter finals as they put seven ( Ryan Mickleburgh 2, Michael Darker, Mathew Plumstead, Thomas Want, Robert Warminger) past Vale Longo. There was drama in the game between Drayton Dazzlers and Phoenix FC with score at 1-1 after extra time; Dazzlers won a penalty shoot out to progress.

With nearest challengers Drayton Dazzlers in cup action, Woolpack took the opportunity to increase their lead at the top by beating Hethersett Ath 4-1, Ricky Bevis, Tom Blake and Liam  Moriaty amongst the scorers. Marlborough had a 4-2 victory at Barracks FC, whilst the game between Mettingham and Mad Moose failed to provide a goal.

Brooke Res remain top of Div 3. They took all three points from their local derby at Hempnall by winning 4-2. They stay two points ahead of DCS Rapid who beat MC Rovers by the same score. Norman Wanderers A are third after a very good 3-0 (Shane Empson, Jason Fuller, og) win over in form Silver Fox and Bungay Town Res ran out 4-2 (Reece Evans 2, Ashley Ling, Marcus Stark) winners at Dynamo FC. Newsman Celtic moved away from the foot of the table after a 3-1 win at Acle Rangers Res, whilst a single Kieran Shore goal was enough for Harleston town to take the points at home to East Tuddenham.

AFC Norwich have one hand on the Div 4 title. There 4-1 (Ryan Bensley 2, James Wheeler, Jordan Hunt) win over Rackheath Rangers leaves them needing four points from their final two games, assuming Hethersett Ath Res don’t slip up, to make certain. Speaking of Hethersett, they deserve praise after their home ground was deemed unfit late on Saturday, they endeavored to find another pitch and their efforts were rewarded with an 8-2 victory over Eaton Park Corinthians. Maybe some clubs could take note. Cellar House got back to winning ways, 3-1 at Nelson and Rose Ath scored seven (Michael Adcock 3, Mario Frinco, Troy Lowthorpe, Sean Higgins, Jake Ward) in their win over Woodton Utd.

Div 5 leaders Easton added another three points to their tally as they beat Watton Utd 4-2 and it was unlucky for some as FC Viking were heavily defeated by Qube. AG Athletic and Firside Ath took a point apiece after a 1-1 draw.

In the Under 19’s, Old Catton kept their noses in front with a thumping 9-2 win over Hellesdon, whilst, Scole United had a convincing 4-1 home win over fellow challengers Long Stratton. St Andrews also kept their faint title hopes alive as they beat Cringleford 4-2