A sunny spring morning was ideal for playing and watching this weekend as the season builds up to an interesting end.

I saw the game at Mulbarton where The Middle Green played host to title chasing Riverside Rovers and they shocked their guests within five minutes as Sam Brooks headed home from a corner. The home side were unlucky not to double the lead when a strike brought a good save from the Rovers keeper, but on the twenty minute mark the visitors were back in the game when Lloyd Greening scored with a thunderous free kick from 25 yards. Jordan Rocastle made it 2-1 soon after and young Tyler Riley added a decent third before the break. Middle Green though to their credit started the second half well but were caught on the break when Liam Baker finished off a good move. Rocastle added his second after rounding the keeper before the home side pulled one back thanks to an own goal. Rocastle then completed his hat trick and the scoring with a well taken free kick in an enjoyable sporting game, very well refereed by Ashley Smith.

Acle Rangers kept their hopes of a top two finish alive as they scored five without reply at home to their League Cup semi final opponents Poringland Wanderers.

The top of Division 1 remains the same as the top two both won. Woolpack were 4-2 winners at home to Aslacton, whilst Mischief remained level on points after beating Windmill Wanderers 4-1. Woolpack though, still have two games in hand. Hethersett Athletic came from behind to win by the odd goal of five (Adam Waters 2, Patrick Ogilvie) at Mad Moose whilst Vale Longo’s late season flourish continued as they hit seven without reply at home to Barracks FC.

All change again at the top of Division 2 as FC Viking returned to the summit after defeating Newsman Celtic 4-2. Morning leaders AFC Norwich found themselves 2-0 down then 3-2 up before drawing 3-3 with DCS Rapid and Silver Fox followed up Friday nights County Cup win by beating Hempnall 6-1 to stay third with games in hand. Credit to Silver Fox for playing again on the Sunday (some also played on Saturday) something their opponents on Friday failed to achieve. Bungay Town’s recent good league run came to an end as they lost ground when going down 2-0 at home to Dynamo FC. Norman Wanderers A were 2-0 winners at Acle Rangers Res and there was three points for MC Rovers following their 3-1 win at Hethersett Ath Res.

For the first time in weeks, Watton Utd are no longer top of Division 3. Following the postponement of their game at Woodton Utd, Easton took full advantage by beating Eaton Park Corinthians to take over. Aylsham stay third after scoring three at Sporting Iceni whilst Eaton FC ended the five game winning streak of Cellar House as they beat them 3-1. Rackheath Rangers collected three points as they won by the odd goal of seven against FC Viking Res.

Moose Park Rangers are certain of a top two finish in Division 4 after their 6-2 victory at Salhouse Rovers. The only team that can catch them, Earsham FC had a narrow 3-2 win at Felthorpe and are now eleven points behind Moose but with three games in hand. Cheery Tree are currently second after scoring five without reply at Yelverton, but Cringleford’s hope of finishing in a medal position were hit as they went down 4-0 at home to Old Catton