Sept 20th


With it being a designated County Cup week, it was a very limited league programme that took place this weekend.

In the Premier Division, Farmhouse got their first points on the board at the third attempt with a 5-2 home win over Bungay Town. Tommy Salmon 2, Michael Cullum 2, and Shaun Taylor the scorers

Windmill Wanderers are setting the early pace in Division 1A. They made it three wins from three after a hard fought 2-1 victory at Horsford United. First half goals from Gary Walsh and Matty Barker helped the leaders take the points as did a penalty save from Jamie Radley. In 1B, Salhouse Rovers moved up to second spot after James Smith scored twice in beating Edith Cavell 2-0.

Constable Crusaders are another side who have started the season with three wins after they came back from Mettingham with a 3-1 (Ollie Parris, Liam Frost, Brad Abbott) victory. News man Celtic also gained themselves another three points as they recorded a 5-3 (Rob Setchell 2, Matthew Giles 2, Erik Woodcock) home win over Brooke Res. In 2B, Briston Wanderers got their season off to a flying start as they beat last seasons 3B champions Phoenix FC by the odd goal of seven, and in doing so inflicted only a second defeat on Phoenix since they entered the league. Chris Scase was on fire for Briston, scoring all four of his side’s goals. There was also a good result for Hickling Barn as they won a close contest at Costessey Sports 3-2.

Westfield FC are the new leaders in 3A after beating Mad Moose Res 3-1 and in 3B, leaders Blofield United hit five without reply against Bunwell AFC, whilst North Elmham gained their first points as a Sunday League side with a 3-1 win at Sporting Iceni.

In the only game played in the Under 19’s North Walsham made the trip to Dereham Town and had Beeson 4, A. Johnson 2, G. Johnson 2, Cresswell, Everson and Crosby all scoring in an 11-1 win

In the County Cups there were some stand out results. Dan King and Mason Roe were on target for Dancing Farmers from 1A as they beat Premier side Aslacton 2-0. Holders Schoolhouse started their defence of the trophy with a 7-1 win at home to last season’s Intermediate Cup winners Dilham. Riverside Rovers scored seven (Jordan Rocastle 4, Aaron Kay 2, Roy Bevis) as they won at Vale Longo and AFC Wanderers recovered from going behind to a first minute goal to win 5-2 at Brooke. I saw this game and Clark Robertson put the home side ahead with a good finish, but a defensive error two minutes later, let Jason Armes in to equalise. Dan Henery put the visitors ahead with a header from a corner and a great piece of control and finish from Armes, helped him add a third before half time. To be fair to Brooke, they made a real game of it and Robertson reduced the arrears from the spot and the home side looked capable of levelling, but with ten minutes left a clever finish from Daniel Mace and another strike from the same player minutes later ended the hopes of the home side who can be pleased with their performance against a good side. Poringland Wanderers came back victorious from Kings Lynn as Tim Carey 2, and Dan Cook scored in a 3-0 win at Burt FC and Anglian Rovers progressed to the next round courtesy of a 3-1 win over West Lynn Wanderers. A “perfect” Michael Townsend hat trick and a goal from Ross Brannigan enabled Costessey West End to come back from F.A.N.G FC with a 4-2 win, whilst Mo Bah, Sam Grady, Gary Wilkinson and Paul Suggitt all scored as DEF FC won 4-0 against Yarmouth side Wheelwrights. Acle Rangers scored ten as they beat Patriots FC and PoW FC scored four without reply in beating Revolution FC and Dussindale Rovers progressed to the second round after beating Taverham United 8-1.

In the Intermediate Cup, Hethersett Ath were 4-1 winners over Salhouse Rovers Res, Mad Moose beat Silver Fox by the odd goal of nine, a single goal was enough for DCS Rapid to beat Micawbers Tavern and Mischief were 5-1 winners over Binham. Trimingham Pilgrims are also into the second round after a 3-0 home win over Norman Wanderers Res.

In the Junior Cup, and amazing game saw Scole United U19’s and Harleston U21’s level at 6-6 after ninety minutes. After extra time and the score standing at seven each, Scole went on to win on penalties. Jamie Forshaw, Joe Forshaw, Jordan Youngs and Jeff Ayigisi were on target as Hewett OB won 4-1 at GaGa FC, whilst other clubs to progress into the second round from our league were, Old Catton, 6-2 at Swanton Morley,  MC Rovers, 3-2 against Marlborough, Norwich United, 1-0 at Watton United, Winfarthing, 6-1 against Tasburgh United, Norwich CEYMS, 3-2 at Sprowston Ath, SNS FC, 7-4 over Barracks FC, Hellesdon FC, 6-0 winners at Freethorpe, AFC Westlegate, 4-0 against East Tuddenham, Hethersett Ath Res 3-2 at Thorpe Village, Attleborough Town, 4-1 over Long Stratton and Drayton who were 3-0 winners over Aylsham U19’s

For all todays County Cup scores, go to